674 W. Veterans Parkway, Yorkville, IL 60560

Se Habla EspaƱol


call us630-553-1313

Orders of Protection and No Contact Orders in Kendall County

Oswego orders of protection attorney

If you are in an abusive relationship and feel scared or harassed, you may not know where to turn or what can be done to put an end to the situation. Luckily in Illinois, there is a way to restrict the abusive person in your life through a legal directive called an Order of Protection.

The lawyers at McAdams & Sartori, LLC are highly experienced in this area of law and can provide you with legal counsel and guidance right away if you are in an abusive situation. We will make sure you understand all your legal options, including an Order of Protection.

Orders of Protection in Illinois

According to the State of Illinois, an Order of Protection is a court order that restricts an abuser and only is available to family or household members. An Order of Protection is helpful in many ways and may:

  • Prohibit the abuser from continuing threats and abuse (abuse includes physical abuse, harassment, intimidation, interference with personal liberty, or willful deprivation)
  • Bar the abuser from shared residence or bar abuser while using drugs or alcohol
  • Order the abuser to stay away from you and other persons protected by the order and/or bar abuser from your work, school, or other specific locations
  • Require the abuser to attend counseling
  • Prohibit the abuser from hiding a child from you or taking a child out of state
  • Require the abuser to appear in court or bring a child to court
  • Give you temporary physical possession of children or give you temporary legal custody
  • Specify visitation rights (if and when visitation is awarded)
  • Bar the abuser from accessing child's records
  • Give you certain personal property and require abuser to turn it over, or bar the abuser from damaging, destroying or selling certain personal property
  • Require the abuser to pay you support for minor children living with you, require the abuser to pay you for losses suffered from the abuse, require the abuser to pay for your or your children's shelter or counseling services
  • Require the abuser to turn weapons over to local law enforcement, if there is danger of illegal use against you
  • Prohibit the abuser from other actions; or to protect you, require the abuser to take other actions

Contact us now to help keep yourself and members of your household safe. We know your legal rights and will provide you with experienced counsel and detailed information regarding an Order of Protection.

An initial consultation can help your case, so please do not hesitate. Contact us at our Yorkville office at 630-553-1313 today. We serve clients in Kendall County, Kane County, and including but not limited to Yorkville, Plainfield, St. Charles, Geneva, Batavia, North Aurora, South Elgin, Yorkville, Aurora, Oswego, Plano, Sugar Grove, Montgomery, Boulder Hill and Bristol.

674 W. Veterans Parkway, Yorkville, IL 60560

Back to Top